Saturday, December 24, 2005

Small Press Distribution

Last night I unexpectedly found the Spring 2006 catalog for Small Press Distribution (SPD) in my mailbox. I had forgotten about this wonderful place that I came across one day while walking in Berkeley. The catalog is full of interesting titles. One that I've been meaning to purchase is Directed by Desire: The Collected Poems of June Jordan. This volume is wonderfully large at over 600 pages and includes 70 new, never-before-published poems. I completed June Jordan's women's studies course at Berkeley, titled "Coming into the World Female," in 1993. She was the most amazing teacher and a true inspiration. I often reflect on certain moments and can still hear her original laugh.

Well, time to go back to perusing the SPD catalog some more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home