Monday, December 26, 2005

Jung, etc.

Today I'm reading Jung's The Stages of Life to get ready for my Great Books book club that meets tomorrow night (we meet monthly). Jungian psychology has always appealed to me, so I'm looking forward to the discussion.

I also started James P. Carse's Breakfast at the Victory: The Mysticism of Ordinary Experience. I discovered Carse in the wonderful book The Way to Compassion: Survival Strategies for a World in Crisis, edited by Martin Rowe, which provides brief interviews with various individuals on vegetarianism, environmentalism, animal advocacy, and other religious and ethical topics.

I'm still continuing with The Historian. I think I have less than 200 pages to go now. The story seems to be picking up the pace. Some reviews have criticized the book for being too long. The language is simply beautiful, but it does seem a bit long to me also. Two fellow librarians loved the book and would never throw this criticism at it.

Soon I must put the reading aside for a few days and concentrate on writing or I will not meet my goals for the holiday break. I still have one week off and hope to complete two chapters of the book I'm writing and have outlines for three others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home