Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Kite Runner

After hearing so much about this book by Khaled Hosseini, I came across a used copy at a library book sale for $1.50. I had no idea what a steal this was.

Although not always the case, I sometimes find I do not enjoy books that receive rave reviews. This was the case with The Secret Life of Bees, a book I desperately wanted to like, but had to struggle to read to the end.

The Kite Runner, however, deserves all the praise it has received. The life of the main character Amir runs alongside the story of modern Afghanistan. The novel is brilliantly executed. It has all the elements of a great story: love, tragedy, guilt, betrayal, hope, uncertainty, and forgiveness. Many readers will likely find the characters unforgettable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home