Thursday, August 03, 2006

Mary Poppins and Synchronicity

These 3 things below illustrate synchronicity:

1. While in Berkeley in late July, I pointed out South Hall to my husband and explained it was the first building on campus and also where a scene from Mary Poppins was filmed. (I was informed of this many years ago when I was a student. I have since discovered that the Mary Poppins filming at South Hall is an urban legend.)

2. Yesterday a new book arrived for me to review from Library Journal. What is the book? Mary Poppins, She Wrote: The Life of P. L. Travers by Valerie Lawson.

3. Then, my husband mentioned to me last night that Mary Poppins is playing down the street tonight at the historic Fox Theatre in Fullerton. This film was selected to start off the Fullerton Film Festival.

Maybe I'm just too much into the synchronicity thing, but I rarely think of Mary Poppins on a regular day. Now she seems to be everywhere.

I'm looking forward to beginning my reading of Lawson's biography of P. L. Travers. Being a reviewer for Library Journal has been one of the most rewarding activities I've been involved with since making a career change to librarianship.

1 Comments:

At 17.3.22 , Anonymous Madison Harvey said...

Goood job

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home