Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Guilty Pleasure of Amanda Cross

I've been so busy lately with work and my book project that over a month has passed since my last post here. I finished Miss American Pie and loved it. The ending was completely satisfying, since Sartor concluded her girlhood memoir with current updates on what all became of her "characters."

In between my busy work schedule, I've had little time to read, but I did get a chance to fit in an Amanda Cross mystery: Death in a Tenured Position. Oh! The writing is so clever. Cross, which is a pseudonym for the late English professor and feminist theorist Carolyn Heilbrun, crafts highly entertaining mysteries that appeal even to those of us who don't generally enjoy the genre. Her mysteries are for literary types and academics.

I have now started Joan Anderson's A Year by the Sea: Thoughts of an Unfinished Woman along with a book I'm reviewing for Serials Review titled Selecting and Managing Electronic Resources. More will come later on these two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home