Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Journal of a Solitude

I finished the masterful The Heart is a Lonely Hunter last week. Simple brilliance. I'm now nearing the end of May Sarton's Journal of a Solitude. I can relate to Sarton's anxiety and feeling that she must keep producing as a writer. For this reason, I loved the following line on p. 89:
"The most valuable thing we can do for the psyche, occasionally, is to let it rest, wander, live in the changing light of a room, not try to be or do anything whatever."

2 Comments:

At 28.1.06 , Blogger Widow's Son said...

We like your blog so much we've declared you a goddess and linked to you. Wish you'd write more often.

Mary and the Widow's Son
SacredFems.com

 
At 28.1.06 , Blogger stacy said...

Thank you for the kind words, link, and encouragement! I appreciate it a great deal.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home